Saturday, January 21, 2006

I like wasabi

I spent the evening with my single Christian (white) female friend. We had dinner out in West End. I love Noodles (soup) but tonight was one of those experiences where it was, mmm, arrghhh, mmm, well it tasted like crap. I normally drink the entire bowl but tonight most of the slops were left for the waitress to take away, and I was secretly hoping that she'd spill them on her beautiful polyester floral dress as some kind of negative karma. So not feeling satisfied (which I normally would do after noodles), I suggested we go have a coffee. JC (that's not Jesus Christ though that would have been a real spin out if it was) wanted dessert. The first place we stopped in , Esspressohead had only muffins, so we headed across the road to Forest Cafe - a vegetarian / vegan / organic cafe. I had an organic coffee bean cappacino and she a vegan cheesecake. Both were pretty sensational. I don't think I could do vegan, or go full-strength vegetarian, though I am certainly interested in a tangent to those lifestyles which will help me throw off the shackles of a modern life.

We went back to my place and for the last 2 hours we've been filling out a profile for her at www.christianconnection.com.au. When she wasn't looking I snuck in "I like Wasabi" into the field titled "1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what makes you who you are:". She wasn't amused. When writing about how the favourite part of the bible is Genesis, I added that "My friend reckons I demean God by not accepting the intelligence He has given us in working out how life, the world, the Universe and everything (including 42) works.". I had to get rid of it. Spoil sport. Her profile is all about how she is such a fun care-free person, but what a tight wad she is. She kept telling me its all about her her her and nothing about me.

Its pushing towards the witching hour where I'd need to go sacrifice a virgin, or atleast a bush turkey if I could find one, but ohh miss "I'm such an exciting Christian" won't let me do it. But only cause she hates blood I'm told. There is hope yet.

Sleep well my little lamb chops.

NE

1 comment:

Wes said...

It sounds like you are being far to controlling. Rather than accepting that people will have various faiths, including Christianity, and allowing people to have their own beliefs, you seem intent on belittling them! If you want to find true karma, you must be more accepting.
Or alternatively, you could just be Angry all the time, and whinge a lot =-)~.