Tuesday, January 31, 2006

36 and still breathing

Folks, my birthday continues. Now that I'm feeling better about the event I can apologise for the winge and the attempted rectification of Angry Dad 2006's family (See 36 today). I'm feeling better as I had my final celebration with my very dear friend Jannit.
IMGP5931.JPG
It wasn't an exciting night in terms of riding a roller-coaster or the like, but its great to be with someone you love. We went out together but had to break if off about 20 months ago. Sounds like a story for another blog entry.

Anyway, we had dinner at the Easts Leagues Club followed by coffee at the Coffee Club Stones Corner. See the photos on Flicr. We ate at the Rugby Club as I was rewarded with a free birthday dinner after becoming a member last September. I had to join in order to get entry (as I live within 5km. I could lie, but most clubs are affiliated, so for a whopping $2 joining fee I can get into most RSL and Leagues Club - something which happens with suprising regularity when you walk the circles I do.) The real reason for joining was not to be able to drink cheap (read - "subsidised by the poker machines") piss, but to dance to a band playing there. Unfortunately due to the Rugby League Grandfinal the band wasn't playing. Why not watch the Grandfinal I hear you ask? I can take it or leave it. When I'm with mates who love watching it I'll love watching it to; But when with a friend who couldn't give a toss I couldn't give one either. We ended up dancing at the Cooporoo RSL. I got in there with no problems as I am now a bona-fidey, genuine, guaranteed member of an affiliated club!.

Life goes on ... or should I say "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives" (Nah naa na na nahhhh na na na na nah na nah ...).

Party on kidies and enjoy it while you're young.

I will have to go off now and check out what Angry Dad 2006 has had to say lately.

Sleep well my little lamb chops.

NE

1 comment:

Wes said...

Jannit looks fantastic! Hopefully your meal tonight was better than the barf-fest we had when I took you out.