Monday, January 23, 2006

36 today

Its getting late, its a school night but I want to make an entry before today ends. Its about my birthday today.

Extracts from my diary (I don't publish).

Birthday messages



  1. Dad had Messaged me a Media Message of him giving a message, however very little (not including the sound) came through.
  2. Jannit msg'd me. She was going to try and have a bday dinner with me, but Steve didn't play the game.
  3. June Msg'd me when I at work to say happy birthday
  4. Mardi emailed me, and sent a postcard apparantly (she emailed to say happy birthday and to confirm mum's visa debits)

But didn't hear a peep out of anyone at work. I laid subtle hints (like "its my birthday next Monday.") over the last couple weeks to people i work with (including my team who shold be doing everything possible to please me!). When its not you it is easy to understand how people can not know or forget, but when it is you, irrationality cuts through and you feel hurt. I finally told Wes on our walk home.

Left at 17:30 and walked home with Wes via his car. He rang Anthea and arranged to take me out. "Jannit is meant to be taking me out", I told him, "but I haven't heard from her - so let me check with her first before agreeing to go out with you guys". He came in side and waited whilst I took crap and shwr.

I rang Jannit - she can't do dinner the father of her children didn't respond to her asking him if he could look after the kids. "Here I come Wes!"

He drove me to his place [BrackenRidge - 20km from CBD where my place is], we went out to dinner, spent 10mins back at his place [to watch some tennis - Haas V Federer - 2 all in 5th set (currently, so a good game)] and then he drove me home by 10.

When arrived at AngryDad2006's place, I greeted his whole family. We walked to the "BRidge Tavern". We there over 1.5 hours and ordered meals pretty quickly. Had 2 wines. Took fucking ages for our meals to come out - me a Rib Eye Fillet steak, W. - fish and chips, A. - Chicken Kiev. The meals took most part of hour to come, and my steak was only luke warm. I sent it back and they just reheated it. Lovely steak but like it hot so very dissapointed. Fortunately Wes paid or else I would have been really pissed.

On drive home, I raised with W. the fact that I think his children drink too much coke and soft drinks (our society is too fat and unhealthy and so I don't like to see this happening before my eyes). He said that its the sugar, not the acid in the coke, and Coke doesn't have as much as processed OJ (I said the opposite). He said that processed OJ is worse than coke. Maybe so, but feed them fresh OJ. I said I don't understand how difficult it would be to raise children, but I would lead by example from the start - good food, drink and exercise. Sorry to say these thing, but you know I like to say what I think and feel.

I apologise W. and A. as I know you are likely to read this post.

Tennis is still going and Federer has won 6-2 in the 5th set. Note that channel 7 is showing it 1 hour behind, either so they can stick to their programming schedule (dealing with QLD being 1 hour behind NSW). Fucking stupid in this day and age of mass media everywhere. I can be quite confident that with the trends Vodcasts are setting, we'll be able to get these types of media fed to us via live feeds, sometime reasonably soon in the future.

23:39 - time to sleep

2 comments:

Wes said...

This is an extremely personal attack on my family. If anyone actually reads this, please refer to My Blog Post on Theoretical Parenting for a right of reply.

National Enquirer said...

AD06 got his right of reply. He still loves me (in that blokey way which doesn't involve the touching of bottoms). He admitted to me that his mum says the same thing as I, about the kids drinking too much Coke. Its just the way I said it. Fair enough. In my defence I had a birthday that was tame compared to most of those that proceeded it and it was late. Due to being so late I wrote the blog from my diary entry. My diary, which I don't publish, is very dry and isn't intended for anyone to read so I don't give a shit what I say. Too tired and too fucked off, i just copied the relevant bits to my blog.

Mind you, that doesn't detract from my fight to rid the world of immoral corporations such as Coke and McDonalds etc... who cares more about profits over what is happening to society. We should be taking a step back and saying "look what is happening to this world, with the shit we feed our kids and ourselves of course, and with our senseless destruction of too much flora and fauna. All for the fucking dollar / pound / yen / franc / paso / .... When I get so shitted off due to these matters, I can't even control what I say.