Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lean Process Memory Jogger

I want to apply the Lean process to cleaning up my unit and moving June in. I have the Lean Memory Jogger written down at work but failed to find a simple reference on the web. I will write the information here for everyone and especially myself.

Lean + Memory Jogger - 5 S'


Optimum (workplace) organisation.











SortRemove the Unnecessary.
SimplifyArrange and Identify.
SweepA visual check.
StandardiseDevelop standard process.
SustainContinious follow through.


Lean + Memory Jogger - 8 Wastes


Optimum (workplace) organisation.

















DefectsErrors leading to rework.
OverproductionMore than is needed.
WaitingFor information, people or material.
Not utilising employeeKnowledge, skills or attributes.
TransportationMovement of material and information.
InventoryExcess material and information.
MotionUnnecessary movement.
Excess ProcessDoing more than is required.

No comments: