Saturday, November 25, 2006

C'mon people, work it out

The despair grows.

Fruit, vege and grocery shopping today almost made me sick. I was the only person to be using a "Green" bag. I had one of them (I perhaps should have had two due to the amount of f and v I bought) and everyone else (10 groups) had atleast 10 plastic bags each. They casually watched them being 1/4 filled by the check out staff who didn't want to offend their customers by mixing items that might be odd, and they casually placed them into their trolly. A couple groups

It's 2 thousand and fucking 06 people. Plastic bags are a thing of the 80's. Grow the fuck up, work it the fuck out. Sorry for using the "f" word so much but it scares the fuck out of me that if people can't make the simple change to NOT using plastic bags then what hope do we have. A couple years ago there were maybe twice as many people using Green bags, but now that is not the case. I no longer think it is trendy. We are living in the times of the 30 second concentration span.

No comments: